The golden rule for the best dental health care is: brushing twice a day and flossing once a day. Daily brushing and flossing keeps healthy mouths healthy, however there are many other dental problems that brushing and flossing alone cannot fix. For this reason, we recommend all our patients come in for a check-up and cleaning at least every six months.
- Always use a soft brush with a small head.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3 months.
- Place the brush at a 45 degree angle against your gums.
- Rotate the brush gently in small circular motions.
- Brush the outer surfaces of each tooth and the chewing surfaces.
- Brush or scrape your tongue as this removes bacteria that cause bad breathe.
Remember this saying: Only floss the teeth you want to keep!
Flossing is just as important as brushing. It removes plaque from between the teeth where your toothbrush cannot reach. Flossing correctly takes practice and is an acquired skill!