Endodontic Care in Clifton, New Jersey
If the pulp (nerve) inside one of your teeth becomes diseased or injured, endodontic treatment is the last resort to save the tooth from extraction.
Root Canal Process
The most common procedure in endodontics is Root Canal Therapy, which is typically performed following the development of an abscess on the root of your tooth. The procedures of a root canal are as follows:
- An opening is made through the crown of the tooth into the pulp chamber.
- The pulp is removed, and the root canals are cleaned, enlarged and shaped.
- The infected area is medicated.
- The root canals are filled.
- The crown opening is filled with a temporary material.
Once the root canal is complete and successful, a permanent porcelain crown will be placed on the tooth to allow you to function properly.